Friday, September 11, 2009

Granny Karen and Grandpa Harwood

Grandpa Harwood and Granny Karen with Edie.

This was a big weekend for Edie. After two weeks of waiting she was able to finally meet her Granny Karen and Grandpa Harwood. There were a couple fussy evenings but for the most part she was a little angel. There was a lot of holding, walking the neighborhood, and a little house hunting. Last week we briefly considered looking for a larger house in a better school district but we decided to stay put for at least the next 4 or 5 years. We love our neighborhood and our house. We belong in Lake Park Estates. I don't know if we are ready for Lake Highlands yet.

As I write this, Charlotte Grace Harwood-Cuppy is enjoying her first full day of life outside the womb. After a not so pleasant pregnancy capped off by Charlotte not wanting to come out of her womb, Chris' sister Liz gave birth yesterday in New Orleans. I know she is glad that is over. Karen and Andy are on their way to see them now. Charlotte is a healthy girl weighing 7 lbs. 1 oz. I believe. She is reported to have curly, red hair. From the very small cell phone picture I saw of her, it looks like she looks exactly like Jeff.

This is my favorite picture from this weekend.

Andy and Milo are best friends. He won't admit it but Andy is now a dog lover.


I never thought I would say this but I think I am kind of ready to go back to work. Of course I don't want to leave Edie but I am sick of being in this house and I am being a total bitch to Chris. (This is my blog so I am going to curse if I want to.) I have cabin fever and no sense of purpose other than being a constant source of milk. Part of me will be very glad to go back to work and leave eight hours of baby care to someone else. This someone else is named Pastora. In preparation of Pastora's arrival I have purchased a top of the line electric breast pump that will pump both breasts at once in about 10 to 15 minutes. I had to boil all parts of the pump that will come in contact with the milk for ten minutes to sterilize them. With that done, I will start pumping and storing milk next week. Let the fun begin!

Granny Karen pushing the stroller on one of our neighborhood walks.

Proud grandparents!

Granny Karen

I think Karen would have gladly held Edie the entire time she was here if that would have been possible. It was nice to let someone else hold her for a while so I could accomplish other things. Edie likes to be held. If you set her down, unless she is totally passed out, she will insist you pick her up again.
Milo on Andy's lap which is where he stayed all weekend.

Chillin

On Grandma's shoulder. Yes, that's a little baby acne.


Edie capped off her weekend with a visit from Nancy, Sarah, and Amy. They brought a bag of Keihl's Baby products and lunch. Nancy has also purchased every Kissy Kissy baby outfit sold in the DFW area. Edie is so lucky.

In the arms of Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.