Friday, September 25, 2009

The Past Two Weeks

A lot has happened and I haven't had a chance to blog it. Chris and I just returned from a 24 hour trip to Fort Worth and I swear Tree Frog (aka Edie) has completely grown up. She seems to have changed so much. She looks older and acts older. She seems to follow my voice with her eyes a little more and she holds her head up a little longer. Am I thinking I see this much change or do babies change this much in one day? Pastora began this past Monday. She is extremely gentle and loving with Tree Frog and the annoying pets. When we got back from Fort Worth today she had the dogs and Abby outside with her and the baby so I took her lead and let the cats outside. So far they are wandering around the backyard. I hope this goes okay. Turner would be an easy meal for any predator. She meows the entire time she is out there. I don't know who she's talking to or what she's saying but it doesn't stop. In other pet news, I almost gave Milo away to our neighbor's father but then I backed out at the last minute. Even though he pees all over our house and is determined to ruin our hardwood floor I couldn't do it. I just imagined him wandering the halls of his new house not knowing where he was. It was too sad so he remains here. I cleaned up four peepees before we left for Fort Worth yesterday.

Turner on the outside.

I go back to work on Monday. I am looking forward to it. It feels like fall is here so I am eager to be back outside working with my crew in the gardens. Plus I will be able to hit the SMU gym during my lunches again and attempt to shed this muffin top. I have 20 lbs. to lose to get back to my prepregnancy weight.

Mom (Grandma) is still coming over every night to help me bathe Edie. She also does all the laundry and miscellaneous straightening up. It's wonderful and worth being pregnant for 10 months just to have her here each evening helping out.

Here are some highlights from the past two weeks.


Edie with her first pumpkin.

A big yawn.

Enjoying her first pacifier with Grandma.

Sleeping with Mike and the paps.

This is a common image.

First trip to Northpark.

In Mimi's arms.

Edie and Uncle Billy

Ben, Davis, and Wilson at Uncle Billy's house

John and Bailey playing with Davis and Wilson at Uncle Billy's.

Don't miss the world's largest cat in the background.

Sleeping in the big bed.

This girl loves her bath time. She coos the entire time. She is happy to just hang out in the little tub.

1 comment:

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.