Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Love

Chris is off today so we began the day with a walk through the neighborhood before it got hot. Edie slept through the entire walk as she has every other walk. The sleep faces she makes during the walks are hilarious. She does the best Winston Churchill.

Looking like Liz.

I feel great all day until around 4:00 pm then I start having serious self doubt. I start to feel like she isn't eating enough or that something may be wrong even though she is sleeping peacefully. I assume this is what they call the postpartum blues. It comes at the same time everyday so it's got to be hormonal. It starts around the time Chris gets home from work. Hmmm.

In her too big socks and her too big onesie.

Love the feet.

A rare cry.


A kiss from Daddy. She doesn't seem to mind the mustache.

After a feeding.

Milo in a brief drizzle.

Could this be any sweeter?

Love the gray socks.


Chris has embraced yard work. He is mowing, weed eating, and blowing without complaint every week. He bought me a Echo weed eater for my birth gift. With a baby and weed eater I feel like our life is complete. What more could any couple possibly need?

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful life.....a beautiful baby daughter, a loving and caring husband (although I can say a weedeater would not have been my first choice for a celebratory gift on the arrival of a new baby, but hey...each his own), comtented pets, and weeks off from work!!! Enjoy every minute of it.
    You are becoming a great Mom. This is all new to you, so everything is a learning experience. But there are no grades or tests to take. Babies are very resilient, and she will let you know when she needs something. Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.