Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Frog and I

This was a fabulous three day weekend mainly because I got to spend so much time with my Frog.  I can now confirm that she is of above average intelligence, cuteness, sweetness, and overall greatness.  I have been suspecting these things for almost 11 months but now I am positive.  Before Edie was born Nancy sent several boxes of board books to our house.  I put them on various shelves thinking we wouldn't use them for at least year.  Boy was I wrong.  About one month after you have a baby you realize they aren't content just staring at the wall.  That would be nice but unfortunately they require stimulation.  Constant stimulation.  So to entertain the Frog I started reading to her from all her board books.  She prefers the ones with the brightest colors or big pictures of animals or humans.  Now Edie expects to be read to several times a day.  These reading sessions can last almost an hour sometimes.  I have all her faves in a big basket.  I'll put the basket in Chris and I's bed and read to her up there.  Our routine is that she sits snuggled up next to me on my left side between me and the basket o'books which is super cute.   I'll grab the books out of the basket one by one and read them to her.  She pays attention and studies each page even though she's seen them thousands of times.  This past weekend I guess I was taking too long getting into place because she grabbed her current fave and handed it to me to begin reading!!!  If that's not a genius Frog indicator I don't know what is.  I was blown away.  This current fave book of her's is The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle. 



I think she likes it so much because each page has a very large picture of a farm animal.  As of last night, each time I came to the end of the book and tried to open a new book she would get mad because she wanted Busy Spider read again. 

She follows me around while I vacuum with our awesome, new, and practically silent vacuum cleaner.  She can entertain herself for a long time crawling around going from a toy pile to a book pile to a piece of furniture to pull up on.  On Sunday she hung out in her bumpo for over an hour and watched while I attempted to bake cookies and a cake (both from box mixes of course).  She gets mad when I leave the room and she has to hang out alone with Chris.  This mommy neediness is a new thing and I love it.  She is just the cutest thing in the world and I love her.  Chris and I are going to Michigan next week and I can't wait but Edie is going to stay here with my parents and Pastora.  I already miss her.

Dad had the brillant idea to take Edie to the Lakewood 4th of July parade.  In our ignorance we came ill prepared.  Next year we will know to bring water and chairs.  And I will definitely have a venti, nonfat latte with caffeine, lots and lots of caffeine, this time next year by golly!!!  Oh how I miss its sweet buzz in the morning.  Edie was mildly amused with the parade.  Her favorite part was when two dogs engaged in a brief scuffle right in front of us; the floats however were pretty boring in her opinion.


Lakewood 4th of July Parade.



Dad and Frog.

WWII veterans.  My favorite part.



Eating blueberries.

  
Over the weekend my friend (and godfather to Edie) Jeremiah moved into a swank new pad.  We stopped by a couple times so Edie could check things out.  I do believe she enjoyed crawling on the carpet as she is being raised in hardwood floor house.  She also loved having heavy boxes placed throughout the rooms so she could pull up on something every couple of feet.

Carpet Frog.

There's really nothing better than a little family bickering.

"Daddy loves that stuff more than me."

4 comments:

  1. That is a fun weekend....The spider book is adorable...I think kids ove it because of the colours:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edie has good taste. Eric Carle is legit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh....a good old-fashioned American Parade...wish I could find one around here...we love Parades...you are going to have to take Edie to the Mardi Gras Children's parades....talk about entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.