Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Well I turned 33 yesterday. Doesn't seem old or young, it seems just right. Actually everything in my life seems right. Motherhood feels more than just right. It feels perfect. Of course Edie makes it seem easy. And it doesn't hurt that Chris is a great father and my parents are amazing grandparents. My mom morphed from an amazing pregnant lady aid/gopher into Grandmother extraordinaire. I had no doubt that she would.

I had a great birthday. I took a day off of work to spend it with Edie. I had a text from Nancy in the morning telling me to look on the porch. There I found a latte (still hot), 5 gorgeous bouquets of gerber daisies, and a card containing a g.c. to the Four Seasons in Austin. Nancy, I hope you don't mind me sharing that. How lucky can one girl be? Mom and Dad showered me with a total of six other great gift certificates. I already spent one. Edie and I just hung out. Chris came home and around 3:00 and took over so I could go to Target to spend one of my g.c.'s. When I got back he was cleaning up Edie who had projectile vomited all the milk she had just drank and pooped a massive b.m. that escaped the diaper, covering her entire back in orange baby poop all the way up to her neck.


In Nana Wade's sweater.


New socks from Nancy.

Gerbers from Nancy




Gerbers in Edie's room.


Sack of potatoes. Surprisingly, she loves this position.


Despite having a baby gate to Edie's room, the pets will get in occasionally. Since they are banned from the room they are all extremely obsessed with it and try to get in constantly. Milo is always on the lookout for something new to chew up so he usually leaves the nursery with one of Edie's toys.

Milo a.k.a. Little Bastard or Little Shit


Turner hanging out in the rain.


My houseplants getting a drink in the endless rain.


Is there anything sweeter than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.