Monday, October 19, 2009

Two Months Old

What a great weekend. Edie turned two months on Saturday. It seems so much longer than that. We attempted to be normal (nonbaby) people on Friday evening by going to dinner and the David Cross show at the Lakewood Theater. The show was awesome but I ended up being unable to pump for about 6 hours which was a huge mistake. By the last hour of the show, all I could think about was getting out of there so I could go home and pump.

Breastfeeding is all consuming. I have been pumping or nursing every 2 2/2 to 3 hours day and night for the last two months. Think about what that means. Science has proven that breastmilk is an amazing substance that gives your baby all kinds of immunities and a myriad of other health benefits but boy do I understand why people use formula. They recommend that you breastfeed for one year. We'll see. We'll see. Oh, and the promise of losing all your pregnancy weight by breastfeeding, not true for me. I pump three full bottles worth of milk everyday at work. Those bottles are what Pastora and Chris feed her the next day. She seems to prefer the bottle now. She will still feed from the breast but not with the same enthusiasm as she does from the bottle. She won't eat as much from the breast either. I hope she doesn't reject my breasts all together; I would really miss it.

Saturday morning I woke up and watched the instructional dvd that came with my camera. I've had the camera for about two years so I figured it was time to learn how to use it properly.
'Duchesse de Brabant ' rose in the backyard

The drying boppy after a cleaning. Why clean a Boppy? Because Milo peed on it.

Milo

Nancy's gerbers


Mom cleaning basil for pesto

Newellton pecans instead of pinenuts are just as good.


Pesto.


Dad (Mike) had a lot Edie time this weekend.



Mike and Grandma assembling a toy from the Canadians while Edie sleeps.


Gravity cheeks.


On Mike's lap.

Saturday eveving we paid Granny a visit. To hear Granny tell it she is completely falling apart but for a 90 year old I think she looks great. She's Granny, what can I say?

This cry induced a "Shutup!" from Granny.

Hanging out in Doc's room





Having quiet enjoyment on Doc's bed.


Granny's bears.

Doc's desk calendar from 1978.


Granny's chiming clock.


Doc's lamp shade.

Pie chest latch.


Mom found this on Doc's desk. This is Dad's handwriting.


Doc's pictures.


Granny's sampler.





Train depot paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.