Monday, November 2, 2009

Edie's First Halloween

We had a great weekend. On Saturday night we all gathered for Edie's first Halloween. This was after she had been dragged to Northpark to shop with our Partner's Card. She was a little angel all day while we were shopping and then allowed us to dress her up and pass her around for several hours. Finally around 6:00 she had had more than enough. The bottom fell out and she couldn't take anymore. She began crying and could not be consoled. I felt like the world's worst mother because I was focusing on entertaining and carving my pumpkin and not her. I should have been holding her instead of letting her get passed around. She is usually such a angel baby so I assumed I could have people over and she would be okay with everything. I forget she is only two and half months old and has special requirements. As my mom reminded me, it was a valuable reminder that things have changed in my life and I can't entertain like I used to. Poor Edie. She was really upset. After about an hour of crying/screaming we put her to bed. She cried it out for about 10 minutes then she went to sleep. I tried to make it up to her the next day by giving her my full attention. I think she forgave me.

Here are some pictures of the weekend, all before the meltdown.


Only Chris and I would carve pumpkins.

Milo harassing Jeremiah, the Penguin.

Liz dressed up as a pregnant me.

Liz, Hugh Hefner, Jeremiah and Edie, the Pea.



Mine on the left and Chris' on the right.

Sleeping Peadie






Hugh Hefner

Boo Dat



Cooling off.


On Nancy's shoulder at Northpark.




Having lunch with Polly.


Under her most adored posession--the mobile.


Looking up at Liz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.