Wednesday, November 10, 2010

White Rock Lake

Chris and I are lucky to live very close to White Rock Lake.  We can walk there in about 10 minutes so we go often.  Yesterday afternoon we decided to take Edie to see the ducks.  The weather was great, the trees were beautiful, and the ducks, geese, and pelicans were all there.  The best part was that Edie was okay with being in her stroller.  You just never know if she is going to tolerate it.

Our neighbor's gorgeous front yard.  I love how they, by Dallas standards, let it go.  It is full of dogwoods, cedars, and a tulip poplar which you don't see a lot of in Dallas.

Chris stopping to pose.

The creek by our house.

All this bottle needs is a brown paper bag.

Me and The Frog at the bird sanctuary pier.

Edie was totally ready to walk right off the pier.

The white pelicans are here for the winter!!!!  I have a real obsession with these guys. If I was forced at gunpoint to get a tatoo it would be of a pelican.


Sunset at WRL.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photos:) Looks like a magical place
    Kisses

    Ps: I’m hosting a sweet t-shirt GIVEAWAY later today, so please join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sunset! was Cedric there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh what a cutie!!! :D
    Thank you for joining the Ex-Presso / Blog couture giveaway! I hope you'll win! ;)
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.