Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Let me say it again....

I'm so happy that spring is here.  Yesterday evening Edie and I had to take Liz to the airport but we got to hang out a little bit in the backyard first.  Last week Edie and I planted lots and lots of cosmos and wildflower seeds in the upper portion of our backyard.  I've been watering every afternoon.  No germination yet but I'll keep you posted. 

We are fighting a battle royal with a colony of diehard ants living beneath our deck in the backyard.  They are living in multiple colonies under the deck, in a bag of potting soil, and in some of my house plants in the kitchen.  Since the windows in the kitchen are original to the house they don't seal well so the ants can come and go as they please.  I spent the better part of Sunday obsessively trying to drown the ants in my houseplants.  Granddad bought ant poison which we are employing now.  This is tricky because Edie wants to go where she isn't allowed.  Grandma constructed a barrier made of lawn chairs yesterday to keep Edie away from the treated area.  I'm hoping to see results by this afternoon.

Checking out the cosmos seeds.

Sweetness.

While we hung out in the backyard William did this in the bedroom.  Isn't he an angel!?!!  See his halo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.