Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weekend Update

Edie is truly a kid now.  She hugs our legs, she talks (most of the time in Edish), she plays, she engages with the people around her.  I can ask her if she wants her juice and she will say yes or no.  Actually she'll say si or doe.  My mom and I can say, "Edie can you go put this in the trashcan?"  and she will carry the item to the kitchen trashcan, open it up, and throw it away.  I can ask her to go get the dust pan while I sweep and she'll walk into the kitchen, grab the dust pan and bring it to me.  If I ask to put her books back on the shelf, if she wants to, she'll do it.  The point is she understands what we are saying!  We are communicating.  It's awesome!

William is still SuperBaby.  He slept all night last night--didn't get up once.  He began a new evening ritual last week.  Before and after his bath he screams and cries.   This is a new, much louder, much more upset type of cry than he ever did before.  This is a "I mean business" cry.  Mom and I will bath him, try to feed him, walk with him, and if that doesn't work we put William in his bed and let him scream for several minutes until he falls asleep.  Each evening Mom and I have begun, now that it's warmer, walking Edie and William around the block.  William usually falls asleep on the walks.  He will wake up once we get home and begin crying again.  We'll try another bottle, if it's refused then it's William's bedtime.

The new stroller took its maiden voyage on Sunday.  This was also William's first stroller ride.  He wasn't impressed.

Polly came to visit her great godchildren on Saturday morning.



This is the first time in about a month that Edie has acknowledged William's existence. 

1 comment:

  1. SUPER STROLLLLER!!!!

    How cuuuuuuuute are william and edie in granny's chair????

    ps give me my stripped sweater back

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.