Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Update

What a beautiful weekend.  I am so trilled, beyond trilled actually, that winter is behind us.  We spent the entire weekend outside.  Aunt Liz is in town for the fifth or sixth time since William was born.  I really wish she lived here.  We all do.  Saturday morning Liz and I took Edie to the Arboretum to meet up with some work friends.  Edie was a champ.  I didn't take the stroller because all she wants to do is get behind it and push it.  So she walked with the group like she was one of the adults.  We stayed there for about 3 hours and there was not one fit, not one cry, not one tantrum.  She ate her first bag of corn chips, held the bag in her lap and stuck her arm in the bag to fish out the chips.  She did dump the entire bag of chips on the ground on accident.  Everything at this point, even holding a bag of chips, is a learning experience.  Saturday  night we spent a lot of time outside waiting to see the big moon.  We hung out with our neighbors across the street.  Their oldest boy, Max, is a very sweet kid that watches out for Edie when she is playing in his yard.  He'll bring her the toys he knows she likes to play with and he'll make sure she doesn't get too close to the street.  How sweet is that?!  And then there's superbaby William.  William slept through the entire night Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  He stayed awake all day yesterday.  Since we are spending more and more time outside it's more difficult for him to fall asleep.  And why would he want to?  There's a lot more to take in when your outside on a spring day versus wrapped up in a blanket inside the house during winter. 

I forgot my camera at work so I have no pictures to document this weekend's activities.  Here are some pics from the gp's. 



William asleep in lap on the back porch.

Edie wearing her first big girl t-shirt.


Aunt Liz and William








1 comment:

  1. ahh i'm so jealous of your spring. and i really dig edie's pink leggings.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.