Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Abby Update


When we took Abby back to the vet on Monday afternoon, the doctor found infection in some of the puncture wounds and she was running a fever.  They also needed to pump her full of fluids and vitamins because she isn't eating much.  To my untrained eye she seems to be doing pretty good.  She ate a little wet food that I gave her last night.  She also used the litter box and kicked about 2 cups of litter on the floor outside the crate.  When I opened the door to her crate this morning to clean it up she had the energy to hobble to our bedroom and hide up in the mattress springs.  We both had to leave for work right after that happened so hopefully she doesn't attempt to jump up onto the bed or, ever worse, off the bed.  I don't think her ankle could handle that landing.  We put her food, litter, and water in the bedroom with her and shut the door so the dogs can't eat her food.  The neighbor that owns the dog seemed at first like she wasn't going to pay but she put a check in her mailbox yesterday so now we are straight.   She always refuses to pay when we go over there with the bills.  She says to come back later and look in her mailbox.  So every time we leave her house wondering if she will pay or not.  The first five or six times I went over there she wouldn't answer the door even though her car was in the driveway.  I looked in her windows and I could see that the t.v. was on and the dogs would look at me in the window and then look at something on the couch, me, thing on couch.  I don't know if that was her or what.  I couldn't see what they were looking at from where I was standing. We have another vet visit tomorrow which means another bill we have to take over there.  She has never asked how Abby is doing, not once.  I just wish this whole thing would end and that Abby gets better.  I was so consumed by it this weekend that I completely forgot to buy Edie more food.  Pastora had to remind me yesterday.  It's pretty bad when you're so distracted that you forget to get food for your baby. 

1 comment:

  1. Poor Abby. Well, at least she's paying now! maybe she's agoraphobic.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.