Friday, February 19, 2010

Mulching

Yesterday we spent all day mulching campus with the wood chips generated from all the chipped storm debris.  We hardly made a dent in 8 hours.  The piles of mulch go on and on.  I hope to get it all out by the end of next week.  We have lots of mulched spots on campus under tree canopies where it's too shady for turf grass to grow.  We needed to get all of these spots mulched before spring.  Because of the storm we will end up getting it done a lot faster.

The wood chips.

We are lined up and ready for Pete to load our carts with the mulch.

Pete stayed at the pile with the skid loader.  We would get a load, take it to the site, dump and return.  I had several guys at the dorms spreading out the mulch piles.

Mulch piles at Boaz Hall ready to be spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.