Thursday, September 16, 2010

Getting Ready for Hank

Hank is due January 4 so I am taking the steps now to rearrange the organization of the entire house to fit him in.  Step 1:  Remove everything from the knotty pine room so I can have it sheetrocked and painted to make it Edie's new room.  When you live in a small house with closets the width of a telephone booth, emptying the contents of one closet affects the contents of EVERY other closet in the house.  It's all about being willing to throw stuff out.  Fortunately I love purging stuff so I don't have a problem with this.  I also have one of the worst and smallest wardrobes in the world, as does Chris, so our clothes don't take up much space. Step 1 is almost complete.  The room is painted; now we just need to decorate and move Edie in.  Step 2: (I was nervous about this one.)  Remove litter box from shower in the bathroom connected to this room and get the cats to do all their business outside.  Our dogs may be the two biggest idiots on the planet but it looks like the cats aren't so dump.  They took to it right away.  I haven't found a single deposit and it's been a week.

Edie's new room is entirely white, probably a bad choice for a kid's room but I wanted it to be bright.  The room used to be dark, knotty pine wood paneling. I was going for the complete opposite.  I ordered a convertible crib from Target last week.  It should arrive any day now.  It will begin it's life as crib then convert to a toddler bed and then an adult queen (queen mattress not included).  Chris will get to assemble it when it arrives.   

Step 3:  Making Edie's nursery a boy's nursery.  This won't be difficult as I did not go crazy with the pink actually you would be hard-pressed to find any.  Just swap out some accessories and we'll be done.


Ignore the table and chairs.  The contractor did that when they finished.


Our adaptable cats.

3 comments:

  1. dumb, not dump. The room looks great!!! Can't wait to decorate, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HANK HOW CUTIES. not as cuties as EDDIE (as in Edie and Eddie, and the fabulous whoopie movie of the 1990's)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Hank, but Eddie would have been totally awesome. Is that the room that used to have the photo of the pro athlete in it? It looks good!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.