Thursday, September 9, 2010

I can now call myself a survivor.

I am lucky to be here after several tornadoes ripped through Dallas yesterday evening.  It has been raining for two days straight as tropical storm Hermine made its way through Texas but last night it got dicey when a tornado was coming up 45 towards Love Field and made its way to the Tollway.  Chris had taken Edie to the new Old Town ABE to deal with some smoke alarm/a-c crisis.  I didn't even know there were tornadoes in the area because I was watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians on E! and you don't interrupt programming of that importance to warn of tornadoes or any other natural disaster.  My mom called to ask if we knew about the tornadoes, to get our flashlights ready, and to get prepared to head to the garage for safety.  I turned it to WFAA, channel 8 and they were showing the tornato and he said it was heading towards University Park, that's right, The Bubble was almost hit.  Needless to say I did not tell my mom that Edie was with Chris at Old Town which, from our house, is closer to where the tornato was.  I got off the phone with my mom and began calling Chris like a possessed person every 30 seconds for the next 45 minutes until he returned with my baby.  A bunch of roads in our area were closed due to flooding so it took Chris forever to get back to the house.  When he got home (having done nothing wrong) I chewed him out for about 30 minutes to make myself feel better since I had been picturing The Frog being pulled up into a tornado for the last hour.  Edie is safe and unaware that she was in danger.  I let her stay up past her bedtime to celebrate living through the evening's events.  Click here to see a video.

BTW... O'Connor/Rushes I've decided during the next tornato we are heading to your house since your garage is somewhat basementlike.  And Amy, thanks for teaching me how to spell tornado. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.