Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Update

I moved a few things into Edie's new room over the weekend.  Liz is coming in at the end of the month to help decorate so I haven't hung anything on the walls yet, which has not been easy.  Mom and Dad's garage is packed full of beautiful antiques of theirs and a lot from Granny and Doc's house so lucky Edie get's a new room full of old stuff.  She has been busy checking it all out.  She loves to go the cradle and try to turn the white knobs because one turns and one doesn't.  

 Big Deal Alert:  Over the weekend she began putting her stuff back into the container she had just taken it out of.  She will go up to something and throw out all its contents and now she will put some of it back!!!  Could we have a clean freak?  Let's hope so.

Playing with my dirty tennis shoes is one of her favorite hobbies probably because she knows it's forbidden.


This past weekend I did what might be my first truly crazy mother thing.  I took Edie to get a haircut even though she has almost no hair.  Her hair is a little long over her ears so I thought maybe they could shape it a little.  I asked the stylist if this was ridiculous.  He immediately replied, "yes".  But he said he'd try anyway.  Every time he attempted to snip Edie would turn her head.  He managed to trim her bangs a little.  She doesn't look any different.  I think I really thought we'd come up with a cute bob.  Like somehow he would magically get her hair to grow.

Thumbs up for my new hair cut.

Before.

After.


Sippy Cup Action:

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer Pacheco MimmsSeptember 20, 2010 at 9:29 PM

    Jackson has a mullet now -- I want him to have the cute little boy curls that I can cut and save for his baby book, but all I' getting is a longer mullet -- I attempted to cut his hair myself -- just the front -- not the best cut, but you can see his eyes now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digging the LSU sippy cup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a good chugger.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.