Thursday, September 30, 2010

Weekend Update

Edie has survived her first fever.  She was hot and showing signs of not feeling well on Saturday.  She had sad, tired eyes and she wanted to be carried around ALL DAY.  We took her temperature on Sunday afternoon and it was 101.2.  Went to the doctor on Monday and he said it was a common summertime virus that kids gets and it would be followed by a rash.  We are now in rash phase which, thank god he told us was going to happen, otherwise we would have been back in his office.  Edie still wants to be held and walked around more than normal and she isn't eating much but each day she seems a little better. 


I don't believe I've ever showed Silly Buddy to yall.  Well, here he/she is.  Behold Edie's lovey.  She sleeps with Silly Buddy, sucking on his ears or hands while she passes other ears, hands and feet through her fingers.  She will sleep through the night with Silly Buddy hanging out of her mouth.  During the past few days she was so fussy I allowed Silly Buddy to come out of the bedroom and join us throughout the day.  Whatever it takes. 




I have no idea how she could have been exposed to the virus germs.

Edie loves her shoes and socks.  She wants to wear them at all times.

Edie's Granny Karen gave her a stroller designed to help toddlers learn how to toddle.  She's been working on it several days now.





Edie's grandparents.  In case you can't tell from these pictures, Chris' dad, Andy, is exactly who she looks like.  They have identical skulls.


2 comments:

  1. Poor sweet Edie! I hope she gets better soon. Don't put too much hope into your daughter growing out of Silly Buddy. I still sleep with Barkus every night and I am 23.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still sleep with my Rainbow pillow aka Dado and I'm 32. ouch that number hurts. OMG she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.