Tuesday, September 21, 2010

There's a New Guy in Town

I know there's been a White Rock Coffee on NW Hwy in Lake Highlands for several years but now there is a new one at Mockingbird and Abrams which is on my way to work and it has a drive through unlike the Starbucks which is across the street.  I stop there every morning now.  I am excited to get my drink and always a little nervous that they've made it wrong.

Pros:  I order a large, decaf (b/c I'm preg.), nonfat latte.  It's the best one ever.  Their coffee is roasted in their own roasters in the neighborhood so it's much more fresh than Starbucks which is why it tastes strong but not burnt like SB.  I like that WRC has local ownership.  And I love that I don't have to get out of my car.

Cons:  They WILL make your drink wrong at least twice a week sometimes they'll make it wrong two or three times in a row in the same transaction.  They made my drink with caffiene this morning despite the fact that I was the only person there.  They couldn't blame it on a long line of people and orders waiting.  Once they made it with whole milk. When I reordered it they made it with skim but it wasn't decaf.  That being said I am still rooting for them. 
I'm going to stick with it though.  I won't give up on them yet.  I will just have to nag them about the decaf thing about 5 times each time I order.  "You are making a decaf right?"  and "Is it a decaf?" and "You understand I want skim and decaf?"


1 comment:

  1. Ann, since B-A-R-B and i drink soy lattes we go with sbucks bc their soy milk is oh so saaweeet. its the only way to go or youll have a rope tasting latte

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.