Thursday, June 10, 2010

No More Perdido Key for a While

The white sand beach at Perdido Key.


Chris and I and two other couples were planning on going to Perdido Key, Florida next month.  Chris and I have been there two other times and we consider it our summer spot.  Yesterday Chris found this on the internet.  The Eden condominiums mentioned are where we would be staying.  We canceled yesterday.  I know our canceled vacation is the very least of the problems the oil spill has created.  I cry every morning in the car as I listen to Morning Edition's reporting on the spill from Louisiana.  It's devastating and it's still pouring out of the well.  Florida... we'll be back eventually and I hope you'll be healthy and beautiful again.  Did yall hear that Kevin Costner testified on Capital Hill yesterday to pimp his machine that seperates oil from sea water?  Hey if it works, get it out there.

Perdido Key from above.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh that is too bad...I am sorry:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oma and Opa lived on Perdido Key for at least ten years before they moved to Pensacola Beach...loved that beach....the spill breaks my heart too...Aunt Bea's shrimping business/marina is at a standstill and the bills are mounting...I am sick of all the bickering and blaming....I just wish someone/anyone could figure out a way to stop the leak...solutions sorely needed...maybe Kevin Costner can get is machine out there pronto...less than one percent of oil-covered birds have a complete chance of survival (according to CNN story today)....I am just sooo distraught about the birds, dolphins and other wildlife...sorry you had to cancel your trip...my cousins in Gulfbreeze and Pernsacola are really feeling the tourism drop...and those are the most pristine beaches in NA...oh Ann....I hope they get a lid on that well ASAP...we will all feel the effects soon enough...

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.