Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Update--Constant Motion

We went to a dinner party on Saturday night.  One of the other couples brought their 7 month old daughter.  The girl was a little angel.  She sat still in her mother's lap for at least 45 minutes.  Then she sat still in my lap for about 20 minutes.  Then she sat still on the floor for over an hour.  She quietly took her bottle and never got fussy even though it was getting late and was way past her bedtime.  We didn't bring Edie because she had a cold.  If we had brought her here's how it would of gone down.  Edie would of sat in my lap for .5 seconds, squirming immediately to get down.  I would have put her on the floor and proceeded to follow her around the entire house as she crawled from room to room.  I would also help her pull up on every piece of furniture in the house.  That would have gone on for about 1 hour.  Then she would start fussing because she was hungry so we would have fed here.  .0002 seconds after she took her last bite of food she would have insisted she get back down on the floor.  If she felt like being passed around the room from person to person (which she doesn't always agree to) she would have climbed all over that person until they couldn't take it anymore.  They would then have passed her to someone else or put her on the floor, at which time Chris and I would begin following her around again as she crawled throughout the house, again.  Around 7:00 she would have started to get fussy which would have escalated into a full on cry and Chris and I would have had to leave.  I'm not saying Edie isn't an angel because of course she is.  I'm just saying Edie has an agenda.  She's got stuff to do, constantly.  She needs to crawl over here, crawl over there, pull up on this, pull up on that, check out the dog water/dog food, crawl into the bedroom and try to chew on dad's shoes, crawl into the bathroom and pull up on the bathtub, it goes on and on.  Chris said that the very instant she takes her last sip of milk from a bottle she throws the bottle aside and pushes away from you, as if to say, "Get you hands off of me buddy.  I've got stuff to do that doesn't involve you."   Even before Edie could crawl she had an agenda.  She has NEVER been one to sit or lay around idly watching the world go by.  I wouldn't mind if she would for just one day but that's not her style.  Edie is go, go, go all the time.

Edie is recovering from her first cold.  Saturday morning she woke up with hardened mucus clogging up her little nose.  Poor thing!!  All that remains now is a cough.  It didn't slow her down, not one bit!

Here are some playtime pics from yesterday.





She always rubs the sides of chest like this when she is topless.





3 comments:

  1. Busy, busy , busy littel frog:)
    Have a great Monday:)
    Muah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frog and chrissy spotted at CM last night. mother ann was sleeping (typ-- as in typical)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie! I haven't been here in a while and your Edie is getting big and beautiful. Oh that go go go...it's so great though, isn't it? That she can now ask for (and go get) what she needs? But, yes, tiring!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.