Monday, August 2, 2010

Back From Heaven

I could go on to say "And back in hell."  But I won't call Dallas hell even though the heat index today will make 106 degrees feel like 112.  I have been spoiled from a week in Michigan followed  by a week in Maine.   Actually we spent 6 days in Maine, not a full week.  It wasn't long enough; I can tell you that!!!!  Northeast Harbor, Maine is probably the best place on earth.  More on that in my next post.

Chris has my camera today with all of my Maine pictures on it.  Here's some from my mom and Amy until I can show you my pics and do this vacation justice.

Edie slept on both flights up to Maine.  Awesome!

She loved to look out of the airplane windows while we landed.  She's fearless.

Backpack Frog on her first hike with Liz and Sarah.

The Group:  Amy, Edie, me, Nancy, Liz, and Sarah, mom behind the camera.

We are constantly moving things away from her grasp.

The Obamas had been to Mount Desert the week before us so there was lots new about it.


Edie loved her first boat ride.  Again, fearless.
  

Lots and lots of reading to the Frog.  Tons.  It may be possible to overdose on children's books.

  

Three generations of lovelies.
  
Amy and Frog, a love affair.

Who knows.

4 comments:

  1. To make it worse, Dad just texted me that it's 61 degrees in NEH.
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like perfect holiday:) Glad you had fun:)

    Kisses and have a great Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 76 here in Boston--I got away just in time. I am so sad I missed y'all this time. Which house is that? I don't think I've ever seen it before. Edie gets cuter every day! Can't wait for Earl Grey ice cream. I will let you know how nice the weather is when we go up in two weeks, not to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor,

    I'm sure you'll find out all about the house when you go up there b/c Nancy seriously wants to buy it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.