Friday, August 27, 2010

I can feed myself and drink from a sippy cup (when I feel like it).

We put Edie's enormous highchair in the garage and set up the space saver highchair that straps onto a chair. Much better, we bought ourselves about 2 more inches of space in that crowded corner of the kitchen.  Edie loves being part of a sit down meal.  She will sit quietly while we talk waiting for more food to be put on her tray.  She will make it through the entire meal whether at home or in a restaurant without a meltdown, most of the time.  She has great table manners.  Granny would have been so proud because, to her, nothing was harder to tolerate than children (no matter how young) with bad table manners.  Edie is getting better about getting the little pieces of food in her mouth.  Now only about 10% of the food ends up in her lap.  And..... she will drink from her sippy cup if it has ice water in it.  Pastora told me this trick.  She said Edie will only drink milk from her bottle but she will drink water from her sippy cup.  Thank god Pastora notices these things and/or has the patience to crack the Frog code.









No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.