Monday, August 9, 2010

Edie is a Genius Frog

I will have a video clip tomorrow to show off to you just how smart my baby is but today Chris has to take the camera to Another Broken Egg II.  But here's what she knows how to do now: go get her white Gund bear when you say, "Edie where is your bear?"  She will stop what she's doing, look around for it, and once she sees it she'll crawl over to it, pick it up and give it a hug.  When I say, "Can you kiss your bear?"  She will bring it up to her mouth.  She doesn't know to pucker yet but she now kissing happens in the mouth region.  Pastora has taught her to look up at the wooden owl we have on the top shelf in the living room when we say, "Where is the big owl?"  She may also be saying dog, cat, and thank you; we're not positive but we like to believe that she is.

In other Froggin news, Edie no longer wakes up for her 5:15 a.m. bottle which she has done since day 1.  She just stopped one morning last week and hasn't done it since.  Now she wakes up around 6:45, takes a bottle and goes back to sleep for about an hour which brings her total hours slept each night to 13!  Because of this she doesn't take a morning nap anymore.  The bad part is I don't get to see her before I go to work each morning.  When she would wake up at 5:15 I would get to hold her and give her a bottle before I started getting ready for work.  Now I don't get to see her before I leave and that is no way to start your day.  It actually makes me really sad.  I just called Chris, who is still at home, and asked him to go in there and tell me if she's okay.  He refused.  Normally I would call him a swear word right now but we are trying to stop cursing around the Frog and in general.  We say fudge a lot now because we still need to be able to insert an f-word into our sentences for effect.

Have a good Monday.  Only calling for 101 degrees today!

Here are some Maine pictures so you can get your Froggin fix.

Up close Frog.

Costume change.


Edie opening the flaps in her barnyard book.  Yes, she can do that too.  She's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.