Thursday, May 6, 2010

Going to New Orleans


Ames.

Ms. Amy Rush is graduating from Tulane University.  Watch out world as she follows in the footsteps of George Stephanopoulos and runs successful campaigns, helping to determine who is in the White House and thus shaping domestic and international policies.  Chris, Edie, and I will probably then have to move to Washington D.C. as Amy will see that I am hired to run the grounds of the White House.  The pomeranian will replace the bald eagle as the animal that symbolizes everything great about the U.S.  The margarita will become the national drink and more open container laws will probably be passed.  Anyway... to celebrate her graduation Liz, Delano, myself and Edie will be joining the O'Connor/Rushes in New Orleans this weekend.  Following in the footsteps of both Allen girls, Amy, in her infinite wisdom, will not be attending her graduation ceremonies.  When I graduated from LSU, both times (that's right!) I thought the best way to celebrate my graduation was to get the hell out of there.  We will celebrate with food and drink, friends and family living it up in the Big Easy for the last time probably for a while.


Nancy and Steve are driving down this afternoon, leaving at 5:00 p.m. (which will put them getting into N.O. at 1:00 a.m. or later) in true O'Connor/Rush style.  They are taking Edie's pack-n-play, diapers, formula, my luggage, the carseat, Edie's luggage, and an entire case of bottled water (so Edie doesn't drink any N.O. tap water).  The bottled water was Barb's idea.  Edie's first flight!!!  I'm a little nervous but not as nervous as I was when I thought I would be traveling on the plane with all the items listed above.

Here are some pictures from this time last year when we were in N.O. to celebrate Alex's graduation.

I was pregnant and behind the camera, as usual.

The view down St. Charles Ave. from our b&b.

Sarah and Liz, my younger and better dressed sister.

Looking for a way in.  Steve must trespass on all trips/vacations.

This year's graduate.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun! Ohhh...how much stuff you need...wowow...Btw: I love the new photo (header).
    Have a wonderful time and enjoy the flight!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. diana, the amount of stuff a baby requires is staggering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my arm looks fat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what did we eat last year at Loyola graduation? beans? frito pie? it was something very random.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RED BEANS AND RICE AT LIKE 8am. VIA the fact we were just forced-handed it by steve.

    as always, love being the subject of anything. especially this new social media they call "blogging"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel really sorry for you all that I'm not going to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i feel sorry for me that you're not going to be there. bogus.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.