Friday, May 21, 2010

Roses for Lawyers

The law school requested that we remove some old ligustrum shrubs and replace them with Knockout roses. I was supposed to get this done before last weekend's graduation ceremonies but that didn't happen as every other part of campus had things that they needed done before their ceremonies too. And most of the other schools and departments know how to ask for things in a nicer way than than certain others do. In some cases kindness dictates priority.  So yesterday morning we headed to the law school to removed the old shrubs and plant the new ones.  To quote Chris' dad, "you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar."  Or is it flies?  People are much more willing to help  you out if you're nice to them.  It amazes me that accomplished people who have pretty high positions on campus still don't know that.

Back to the roses.

Pete sawing off the tops.

Discussing the best way to get them out of the ground. 

9:00 break.

Lupe off by himself.

Some of the crew.  The others were still working.

Wrapping the chain around the base of the old shrub.

Pulling them out with a uniloader.

Planting the knockouts.  The nursery only had the small size which I'm sure the law school will be disappointed about.

Roberto watering them in.

1 comment:

  1. It always helps to be nice...I really dont like when people are rude...Hmmm:)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.