Monday, May 10, 2010

New Orleans- The Big Easy??? I'm Not So Sure.

This post is dedicated to the memory of Moroccan leather purse, gone before it was ever allowed to reach its full potential.  We will all miss you.  I can't even talk about Givenchy, orange wallet; the wound is still too fresh.

Keywords:  Drew Brees, Uptown, streetcar, armed robbery, West African descent, Mississippi River, iphones (gone), Baby Bjorn, Blue Steel, Bakelite, pet snakes, Gibby, really tan neighbor locked out of apartment, snowcones, graduation, unseasonably cool and breezy

I don't quite know how to work this in so I'll say it here:  Steve peed with Edie in the Baby Bjorn.  Years of therapy await. 

Wow.  What a weekend.  I don't know where to start.  We managed to cram a lot in.  Edie, Liz, Delano, and myself arrived Friday night.  It was Edie's first plane ride which consisted of crying, projectile vomiting, and then sleeping, and looks from other passangers.  Amy and Sarah picked us up in Steve's car.  I will leave out all the details about the carseat that Chris installed way wrong and is only for kids 1year old and up.  We made it to the our wonderful bed and breakfast that is right across the street from Amy's house.  Frog and I retired and the rest of the crew went to dinner.  The next day we walked all around Uptown, ate at a wonderful cheese shop, and rode the streetcar to City Park where we walked to the river.  No big deal but we walked right past Drew Brees and his pregnant wife.  Most of us were looking at the prego's belly and thus didn't see him until he had past by and Delano said, "That was Drew Brees.  I saw his scar."  This was by far the highlight of Amy's weekend and the milestone of Edie's first celeb sighting will, for Amy, hold much more weight than any future milestones like walking or talking for example.  We took the streetcar back to our B&B, rested, and reconvened at Amy's for wine and cheese that she had managed to assembled despite having had exams all week.  Impressive!  We took the streetcar to Herbsaint for dinner, saw another celeb.  The other girl from Heavenly Creators, not Kate Winslet, the other one.   Had the most amazing ribeye ever.  Nancy and I took turns holding and walking with a really pissed off Frog.  Frog and I, Nancy, Steve, and Sarah went home while Liz, Amy, Delano, and Brooks went to Pat O's in the French Quarter.  They enjoyed some drinks and an armed robbery.  That's right, 2 a.m., gun to head, emptied pockets, the guy stole everything they had except the Shaw.  The police had to drive them home and issue everyone an, "I was robbed at gunpoint in New Orleans" form that functions as a driver's license until you can get your new one.  Everyone is okay.  Nancy and Steve had been up since 2 a.m. dealing with canceling credit cards and the police trying to track Amy's iphone signal.  Steve slept the rest of the morning at Amy's.  Edie and I had no idea anything had happened until we got up that morning.  Liz was very freaked out.  Amy, not at all, except for the loss of her leathergoods.  After some trouble getting Amy's car to start because Brook's had her keys since his had been stolen, we had lunch at Stein's Deli, airport, home.   



Dinner at Herbsaint Saturday night.

On the plane N.O. bound before meltdown.

Steve carried Edie for hours in the Bjorn.


After the meltdown and vomiting on the plane.

Brief nap at coffee shop.




At the Lafayette cemetary which is right down the street from Amy's and Taylor's house.


Frog's favorite part of the trip was the case of bottled water in our room.  This allowed me to get a lot done.

Quite possibly the best looking menu ever at the St. James Cheese Company. 




At the river.












Delicious ice latte.

I think Steve should take up mannying as a part time gig.







Edie, Delano, and Liz



On the street car.





People with their pet snakes.









Goodbye Moroccan, leather purse, goodbye.

RIP

6 comments:

  1. The second I leave everything falls apart. Looks like it was a good weekend other than the whole robbery thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just think Taylor, if you had been there you probably would have gone with them and been robbed too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, but let's not forget that according to Back to the Future, you change one thing...one little thing...and it changes everything else. Had Taylor been there perhaps we would NOT have been robbed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so adorable in those photos...Sorry for the plane ride...uhhh not too good huh?
    Ohh what a weekend :)
    Those photos are very very cute:)
    Have a relaxing Monday:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, best pic ever is my steve-o feeding a bottle to the edster. look at his reaction, it says it all. fav part of the weekend was most def the sport of peeing- while- strapped- to- edie. I mean, do you even need a chrissy when you have a manny?

    we saw a feaux moroccan purse tonight, that biatch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry that all of these bad things happened on your trip!!! And I was hoping that Edie had a good first flight because I have been so nervous about taking Charlotte on her first plane ride since I have booked the tickets to come and see you guys in Dallas!!! I love the pictures though...Edie's hair seems to be getting lighter! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.