Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Timberrrrrrrrrrr

It's been very windy in Dallas for a while now. Monday was especially bad so I wasn't too surprised when half of a mature Chinese pistache tree blew right over. The tree is in our freshman quad and the kids are currently moving out of their dorms so we were fortunate that no one was hurt. The one student I saw thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen and was actually screaming with excitement, I'm sure fueled by school being over.  He probably would have screamed with excitement about pretty much anything.  The tree seemed to have absolutely no root system so it's a wonder it didn't blow over sooner.  Notice all the beautiful ground covers around the tree.  My work, of course.








2 comments:

  1. Ha....you should of gotten a pic of the student too...how did that tree stay up?? It looks like a burnt cigar at the bottom?

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.