Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Update

Chris' parents, Andy and Karen, came in this weekend for a quick visit.  They crammed in as much Edie as they could while they were here.  They (Karen) even babysat so Chris, Liz, and I could run to Northpark.  When we came back Andy was asleep on the couch and Karen was playing with the Frog.  It was a great visit.  Andy talked me out of looking for a new house.  Chris and I will meet today with his architect to see about turning our useless, knotty pine room into the master.  If we could do that our house would be perfect except for the fact that we feed into a horrible junior high that is not an option for the Frog.  But we have 4-5 years to get into RISD.

Karen reading to Edie.




Feeding the Frog.


The Frog looking at her larger twin.  I think she is starting to look like Andy or at least their heads have similar shapes.



Yesterday morning Edie and I went to the O'Connor/Rushes to celebrate Amy's and Sarah's 24th birthdays.  LEFT OVER MEXICAN FOOD FROM TUCKER'S from Amy's graduation party the night before.  That's all I need to say.  Tamale tarts, spinach and mushroom quesadillas, queso, chips, little beef empanadas, pulled pork something or others, basically your dream brunch food.  And we all know food like that is better eaten as a left overs.   Do I wish I'd eaten more?  Yes.  Did I eat a lot, possibly too much?  Yes.

Edie and Nancy.

Checking things out.





Taylor and Mary. 

And a deluxe beach towel from Mimi.



Gibbons looking on.

Nancy holding her grandson.  I think Edie was a little jealous.


Edie loves the ladies.








Look at Dad curled up on the couch.



 


With Steve.

It was an extremely busy weekend for Gibby.


Before Liz flew back to New Mexico we took a quick trip to a local stable so Frog could see some animals in person.  The horses were sweet and let us pet their noses but it pretty hard to beat courting peacocks.  The males were strutting their stuff all over the property.  It was hilarious. 





And... bedtime.





2 comments:

  1. That was about 3 weekends crammed into one! I love the frog slippers!
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you guys did a lot! She is so loved, you can see it!
    Kisses and great photos:)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.