Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Weekend Update

I was not selected to be on the jury but, and this amazes me, my coworker Torres was also a juror candidate and he was selected which is devestating because he does all my in-house hardshape work -- concrete, asphault, signage, and on and on.  I don't know what I'm going to do without him for 2, possibly 3, weeks. 

For Edie this past weekend was filled with crawling, chewing, and being a busy body.  Jeremiah and I took her to the Nasher and the Modern on Saturday for some art.  She was mildly interested until the last hour at the Modern at which time she got really excited, kicking and talking.  I think she liked the video installations--you know anything on a screen.  But Edie is on the go, perferring to crawl on the floor to bouncing in the Jumperoo which greatly saddens Chris and me because the Jumperoo is hands-free parenting.




For some reason Edie wasn't in the best mood at the Nasher sculpture garden.  She seemed only to be tolerating it.  Completely bored.







This was the coolest piece at the Modern.  It a large series of photographs taken of four sisters over 30+ years.

This face sums up her mood at the Nasher.

Eating outside at the Modern.

An art lesson with Jeremiah.


Some of Edie's books.

The diaper change has become quite a struggle.  I put her on the floor and put my legs over her torso to dress and change her.







Edie will hang out and lounge in Chris' lap but not mine.

In Dad's lap.

With Dad's phone.


Edie loves Louie.

And her cheerleader doll.






We do a little propped up standing now.  She can't pull up by herself yet though.




And some plant pics for Amy.  These are in our front yard.

Wandering Jew (purple), dwarf palmetto, and yuccas.

Clematis vine.

Oakleaf hydrangea.

Sedum.

Clematis flowers.

6 comments:

  1. um anne. i cant believe she is already frolicking around topless. wow, i mean that didnt take long

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG she looks like ANDREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful! Great pictures and I am sorry that they didn't pick you:)
    Have a great afternoon:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. The third to last Edie pic is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I am so sad I will be missing her this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the third photo, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.