Friday, May 14, 2010

Newellton is for Lovers

My mother is from Newellton, Louisiana in Tensas Parish which is the northeastern part of the state.  I always tell people it's across the river from Vicksburg, Mississippi but I don't know if that is actually accurate.  It is a small, rural farming community.  There is a beautiful ox-bow lake there but other than that or family there are not too many reasons to visit.  Every O'Connor/Rush has been.  Amy, went to the local prison (to volunteer?) earlier this year and Nancy, Steve, and Sarah went just for fun.  Doesn't this picture just scream fun?

Sarah next to a parked Newellton police car.  I wonder why the squad car wasn't out protecting and serving?  Strange.

1 comment:

  1. Cute:)
    Hope you will have a fun and sunny weekend:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.