Thursday, December 17, 2009

Containers Past

Chris has the camera today so I am pulling old photos from my computer to entertain today.  I thought as we head into winter it would be nice to see some color.  I have here some photos of containers I have assembled at SMU in the past 5 years.  Containers are fun to plant because it's easy to manipulate moisture levels, fertility, and soil quality.  You can plant plants that need a little tlc and might not do well in our yucky soil.  I use a lot of cool annuals and tropicals.  Enjoy.


Homestead Verbena, copper plant, and red Drift roses



Alocasia 'California', sweet potato vine, Torenia


Cannas, verbena, 'New Gold' lantana, and coleus



Sweet potato vine, Hibiscus 'Tricolor', asparagus fern, coleus



Knockout roses


Sweet potatoe vine and Datura





Giant red mustard, allysum, and Osteospermum 'Symphany Orange'




Foxgloves, Nasturtiums, and parsley







Anthirium, plumbago, white begonias




Delphinium, Swiss chard, and Osteospermum


Overgrown pots in late fall at the end of the season.


1 comment:

  1. beautiful! i love love love the green on green planters, different shades together. also love the use of parsley. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.