Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Planting Our Largest Bed

Yesterday we changed out the Laura Bush Promenade beds.  Yes that is their real name.  The beds were a gift from W to Laura.  We have to pull, prep, and plant the beds in one day so we worked through the drizzle and our lunch to get them finished by the end of our work day.  I didn't get any pictures of the ornamental peppers being pulled.  I also missed Jose and Ek adding fertilizer, tilling, and raking the soil smooth.  The rest of the steps are documented.  I used to do all the laying out.  Now the guys do it.  I can't tell you how wonderful it is to pass that task on to them.  They make me so proud.


Five varities of tulip bulbs on my cart waiting to be planted.


Laying out the first row.




Third row
 









Bulbs are planted and pansies laid out on top.


Jose is my primary layer outer.  I was so happy to pass the torch.




Roberto watering pansies in, in preparation for the night's freeze.


Cleaning up our mess.




This is what it will look like next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.