Saturday, December 19, 2009

Frog Turns Four Months Old

Froggy turned 4 months old on Thursday.  Have I called her Frog on the blog?  I can't remember.  Chris began calling her Treefrog when she was only a couple weeks old because she would sleep on our chests like a tree frog on a leaf.  It stuck and it now has several variations.  God I hate not having spell check!  Is that how you spell variations?  Anyway Frog did something major yesterday.  She had a 2:00 checkup so I came home from work at noon to get ready.  I asked Pastora to stay long enough for me to take a shower and get changed.  When I was coming out of the bathroom I heard her making her little baby sounds so I went and got her out the crib, kissed her and brought her to Pastora so I could finish getting ready.  When I gave her to Pastora she bagan to cry.  We assumed she was hungry so Patora went to heat up a bottle.  Frog refused the bottle and continued to scream.  When she cries while someone else is holding her I just have to take her;  I can't help myself.  So I went and took the screaming Frog from Pastora and she stopped crying immediately.  We tested it several times, passing her back and forth and she would cry and then stop when I took her back.  I was so excited!!!!  I could tell Pastora wasn't too trilled but it made me feel great.  Edie likes me better! Edie likes me better!  Up until that moment I wasn't sure Edie even knew who the hell I was.  She would recognize me and smile but she is so in love with Chris I didn't know if she knew I was her mother or just some person that shows up on afternoons and weekends to try to force a boob into her mouth (which she still refuses most of the time).  But I now know Edie knows I'm Mom and she treats me as such.  I couldn't ask for a better Christmas present!  Well other than a small recreation of a Mexican bar that also hold four sets of keys.









Frog Frog's new stats: 13.15 lbs., 24.1" long, small head, got more shots, screamed during shots but stopped right when I picked up.  Thanks Frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.