Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'm not wasting time because it's raining outside!


This time last year I was in Maine.  I was pregnant but I didn't know it yet.  I was about to find out though.  I told Chris, then Amy, then Mom and Nancy, then Dad and Liz.  I didn't wait the three months they tell you to wait; I told people immediately.  Here we at the end of 2009.  It was ten years ago that I graduated from undergrad at LSU and went to work at the Dallas Arboretum.  I can't believe it's been ten years!  What's changed?  I'm happier and more confident.  I ran longer and faster then. I still had this crazy willpower to watch what I ate (where did that go?). I didn't have my own pet other than a fish tank. I didn't have a child or a husband.  I loved my job then as I do now (everyone reading this take note, do what you love for a living!!). I quoted movies and t.v. shows then and I do now. I didn't know how to cook at all.  I couldn't even make rice. I didn't know how to dress properly for working outside in the winter.  I do now. I was a neat freak then and now.  It's actually gotten a lot worse. I still don't know how to shop properly and collect clothes I actually want to wear and look good in.  I have a lot more sun damage.  My hair is longer.  I try to wear it down more now.  Thanks to this:

I had never met Chris. Everything about landscaping was completely new to me. I didn't know I would be going to graduate school. I take a lot less shit off of people now.  I know how to watch my temper and try to remain professional. I know more about computers.  I was practically computer illiterate 10 years ago.  I still don't read much.  I wish I did but I just don't.  I can't hold my pee in anymore thanks to pregnancy.  I shave now.  I know my Granny much better.  I now know the date that Doc will die.  I still workout almost daily.  I have a wedding ring now but never had a wedding.  I still don't wear makeup or blow dry my hair.  I realize how lucky I am more now.  I still don't know if I believe in God or not.  I have a cell phone now.  I have a house now!  I have in laws now. I still go to bed really early and get up earlier.  My handwriting has gotten worse.  I have learned lots and lots and lots about landscaping and life in general.  I value family and friends more now.  My best friends are still Jeanne Marie, Jeremiah, and Caroline.  I have a lot more great art now.  Thanks Nancy.  I am much more obsessed with celebs now.  I know more about sports now only because Chris is loves sports and ESPN is on in our house every afternoon when I get home from work.  I still think Martha Stewart is a goddess.

My New Year's resolutions: Get back down to my prepregnancy weight and then some.  Learn how to use my camera properly.  Not be a bitch to my crew at work when they make mistakes.  Run and bike more at the lake on weekends.  Cook more.  Use more organics at work.

Other stuff:


I need Chris to learn how to do this so he can braid my hair like this everyday before I go to work.



I found this on another blog.  It's my new baby growth guide.  Looks like by late February she'll be sitting up.  Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. im so glad you know more about celebs now. im even more glad i found out 2nd about edie

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.