Tuesday, December 15, 2009

FM&S (formerly CPPO) Christmas Party

Today we celebrated Christmas at work with games, prizes, and a catered lunch of turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, and all the expected sides.  It was actually fun.  Plus my group sets it up and takes it down so it's like a minivacation from our real duties.  I took many pictures but I will only subject you to a couple since you don't know any of these people.  The theme was 50's Christmas.  I am on the planning committee.  We began planning back in October.  I can't say I contribute a whole lot other than the crew to help set it up and take it down.  I was able to get TruGreen to donate a year's worth of lawn care and some other prizes from other contractors like compost, mulch, and poinsettias.  The committee works pretty hard to get a prize for everyone which is about 150 people. 


Prize table arranged by your's truly.



Rooster setting up for his gig.



My crew minus about 7 people.  When I told them I wanted to take their picture they scattered.



Roberto looking super excited.

I sat next to these two gentlemen.  Everyone at the banquet had a number under their chair for a prize.  Some of the prizes were valued at $300 and up; some were valued at "piece of shit".  The numbers were placed randomly under the chairs. My crew had to set the party up so we knew there were  numbers under the chairs.  All the prizes already had the numbers on them.  So you could see what number the great prizes were.  Ek and Roberto were absolutely obsessed with finding the number to the prizes they wanted.  They eventually gave up when they realized the  numbers were randomly placed under the chairs.  This took about 15 minutes of explanation before they understood.  Our table sat eight but only four people were sitting at it.  Several hours into the banquet Ek realized he could take the numbers from the empty chairs at our table and claim those corresponding prizes.  He was feeling under the chairs for the post-it notes but he felt nothing.  Eventually Roberto confessed to removing the post-its under the empty chairs when no one was looking.


Ek and Rosebel getting ready to set the table.



Sam.  What do I say about Sam?  There are so many stories.  He didn't talk to me for about a year because I told him to take all the plants he had stolen from our holding yard out of his car and put them back.



Simon


Curtis, Ronnie, and Rooster (in a 50's wig) were the entertainment.



One of the games was turkey bowling with a frozen, raw turkey that was actually given away as a prize hours later at the end of the party!  It was frozen at 9:00 am during the set up.  It was given away at 2:00 pm. 



Shorty.

















Brian








Ray


Rooster with his wig on.


Simon won a set of golf clubs, wine and a set of wine glasses, and a turkey!



3 comments:

  1. what can I say? I'm just so glad you're documenting this. Especially frozen turkey bowling. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If there's one thing I'm not taking off during the 50's Christmas party, it's my g*d d@mn bluetooth!"

    --Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Anyone seen my BluBlockers? Anyone? Anyone?"

    --Brian

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.