Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Ultimate Indulgence

Several weeks ago my dad gave me a small 4 cup coffee pot for my office.  I must say from the moment I get up in the morning (usually around 3:30 am) I look forward to getting to work for that first cup of coffee.  I don't drink any at home.  I wait.  That way I am rewarded each morning once I get to work.  Ahhhh.  I just took that first sip.  I have been drinking decaf since I found out I was pregnant with Edie last January.  Before that I was a caffeine junky.  I would  have at least 3 cups of coffee each morning and tea or diet Coke later in the day.  Once I found out I was pregnant I didn't drink any coffee, regular or decaf, or diet Coke or anything containing caffeine until around June at which time I began treating myself to a decaf ice coffe with skim milk each morning.  I never had a single withdrawal headache when I stopped.   I think that's because caffeine and I are really good friends that go way back and she didn't want to hurt me like that.  But I still avoid caffeine because I don't want Edie getting any jolts through my breastmilk.  The last thing we need is a wired 4 month old at bedtime.  Yes I said 4 months.  Edie will be four months old tomorrow.


My lovely coffee pot sitting on my lovely mini fridge in my lovely office at my lovely workplace.  Life is good.

1 comment:

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.