Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

Not included in the 200 pictures that follow are pictures of the garage sale we put on Friday and Saturday.  It was actually a lot of fun and we sold a pretty good bit.  I know now that what you think is the item most likely to sell, probaby won't and the item you think nobody would ever want is the first thing to go.  I loved the group of three guys that were superexcited to buy Granny's old jello molds. 

Edie milestones include: pushing herself up onto all fours, holding her own bottle more and more, sitting up without falling over, loving the animals which make her crack up just by walking by, chewing on Milo's tennis ball that he brings to her (I can't leave those two alone for 30 seconds!).

Chewing on the nipple.


Milo brings Edie his ball and she chews on it.  Germs?  What germs?


Chilling.

'Texas Gold' Columbine.  This is a super easy plant to grow.  It's practically evergreen.

Chris made beet pesto on Thursday.  Beet pesto!!  Chris!  Beets!


I'm not sure how this tradition got started but on Easter Sunday it is tradition for Mexican families to spend all day grilling and hanging out at Flag Pole Hill and White Rock Lake with their low riders, antique cars, and other cars on steriods displayed for all to see.  They circle their cars around the grill like a wagon train.  The kids play and the grownups grill, drink, and hang out.  Basically it's the coolest way to celebrate Easter.  I drove by Flag Pole Hill on my way to Granny and Doc's around 10:00 and the party was in full swing.  Chris and I went over there around 5:00 and it was still going strong.  I want to make a tradition of it and start going every Easter.  It's like an Easter tailgate.

A family's suv train under a tree.

Love the bunny ears.

I'm thinking about doing this to my CR-V.

Or this.







That kid's face is priceless.


"Jesus has risen!"


This was during the grand finale when everyone would drive their car by slowly with their music blasting.  Chris said we should drive the CR-V, windows down, with the Darjeeling Limited soundtrack that I happen to have in at the time, turned all the way up.
















The push up!!  Next stop--crawling.




Super cute sleeping posish.








Edie was obsessed with the new grill.

Yes, that's a fever blister.


6 comments:

  1. Edie gets cuter every single time you post pics! That is too funny about the park, I especially like "Respect Da Star." I think there is a similar tradition in New Orleans which I discovered yesterday. PS-the Darjeeling Limited soundtrack rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics of the suped-up cars...I actually saw a pack of hotwheels last week at Toysrus that resembles those exactly!!!
    I love the pic of Edie sleepin gin her crib...I miss the "butt up" sleeping poses!!! She is so adorable with all her fresh hair...hehe!! Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edie is just beautiful! Lets do the Flagpole Hill outing next Easter. Bring lost of food. It would be a blast
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Debbie--next year it's Flagpole Hill for sure.
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's do it. FPH next Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Then we had them rate it, on a small percentage of the profits?
    Top Rule for Exceptional Viral student loans people #5:
    E-booksWhen into affiliate student loans people before you can embark on deciding who might be
    interested in the product offering are also deemed a part of the story.

    After a few months for traction to build up a following and a
    buzz around a film's launch. Get this and you will have to make sure that you will consistently maintain in your posts.

    Here is my website :: Student Loan

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.