Friday, April 23, 2010

Edie Loves Her Doll

Edie loves her LSU cheerleader doll.  It's amazing how, at 8 months, she understands it a little human-like object.  I know she doesn't know it's a doll but she knows it's not a teething ring.  She holds her and studies her face.  Basically it's the sweetest and most adorable thing ever.  Last weekend we went to Target to get her another doll only to be let down by the selection.  They didn't have many dolls and what they did have were all made in China, were 100% plastic, and probably covered in toxic substances, unlike the plastic, most likely made in China Jumperoo she's been chewing on and living in for the last four months. 



4 comments:

  1. I love those old fashion wooden toys. They are great! She looks like a very happy baby!

    Have a nice weekend,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad she likes her little doll!!! My little girl likes her baby doll too! ;)

    I hope you had a lovely Earth Day #40 yesterday! Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddy has this same doll...erin actually gave it to her...very sweet. I know what you mean about the mass-produced toys.... it's hard to find things you can trust these days... I think the best are the new "food tags" that read... "Made responsibly in China.." I see this on the Disney products, but i am not sure that it makes me feel any better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you are getting Edie started on purple and gold so early.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.