Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hanging out in the backyard...

last night.  We are trying to spend as much time outside before the effing mosquitoes show up.  I can take the heat but not those damn bloodsuckers.  I've included more flower pictures in this post.  These are all plants that are growing in our backyard.  They get no fertilizer, no mulch. no soil prep, only water (occasionally) and some pruning.  They all take full sun.  If they are growing here, they'll grow in your yard as long as you have full sun.




'Texas Gold' Columbine.  This one needs afternoon shade or part shade.

Crusty Frog.

Echeveria that Chris bought and planted about 4 years ago.

If  you have sun you should have Knockout roses in your yard.  I don't even water these.

Volunteer mint.

Cactus new growth.  Chris and I are a little obsessed with this.  These are spineless Opuntia.  Love, love, love them.  I want a hedge of them someday.


Climbing Pinkie roses, an Earthkind variety.

This is one plant, planted about 3 years ago.

Love those lips.


Valentine rose.

Chewing Frog.

3 comments:

  1. ANN. EDIE has such big beauty-licious eyeballs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her eyes look exactly like yours, Liz.
    barb

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.