Friday, January 29, 2010

Abby

Our oldest pet, Abby, was attacked by our neighbor's dog yesterday.  She was sitting on our front porch.  The dog came to her.  She fought really hard and with Chris' help we were able to get the pitt bull to run off.  She has been at the vet all night and will stay today.  She sustained several puncture wounds and a broken leg.  I will go by the vet after work today to see how our baby is doing.  The dog also chased our neighbor who was trying to get a picture of him.  Jay had to run into his house and slam the door.   Turns out it is our neighbor's dog.  The neighbor is a renter.  I very rarely see her and I had never seen the dogs.  I thought about it a lot last night and I have decided to pursue it with animal control.  We have a baby and my two across the street neighbors (one lives next door to the dog) have a total of 5 young children that are always outside playing.  Thank goodness it was raining yesterday so they couldn't go outside.  Any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. ABBY!!!!!! oh my goodness. that is beyond horrible . you dont think your pet will be attacked at your home.

    pursue away. big time. thats ridiculous, hello, a dog is supposed to be a mans bff. my bffs dont attack people

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go after them.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat is HORRIBLE. Yes, I would definitely pursue it too. Did anyone talk to the neighbor? Maybe I would speak to her first just to see how she reacts? Whether she's sincerely apologetic and seems as if she'll also act on it herself? Pitbulls

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.