Monday, January 4, 2010

New Trash Cans

Part of my job involves overseeing all the trashcans and ash urns on campus.  We have these made custom by Jackson Pottery.  They are white with the SMU insignia on the side.  Just beautiful.  And breakable.  The ones we are placing in these pictures are for the new Dedman Pedestrian Mall.  But I usually have to order them to replace ones that have been pushed over and intentionally destroyed by students.  They are fragile and expensive so I have about five heart attacks as we drive them across campus to get them into place.  Taking a curb with the cans wobbling in the back of the truck just about kills me every time.  The cans have white plastic lids that smokers put their cigarettes out on.  People also stick their gum to the lids; so they become ugly and damaged almost immediately.  The ash urns have a metal bowl that we have learned to fill with sand otherwise people will use them as a trash can.  I should say, they are less likely to use them as a trash can.







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.