Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just A Little Bit of Ice Here at SMU

When it is freezing like today and many days so far this winter, first thing in the morning we comb the campus for ice patches large and small.  If someone slips all kinds of bad things can happen.  We put out an ice melt product that is round and beebee like so it is slippery itself.  When we run out of our current batch we will look into ordering something "green" and nonslippery.  This morning the ice wasn't bad at all.  There were some slippery patches on some of the stairs and several places but because it is so dry it wasn't too bad.  We were able to get the entire campus salted by 10:00. 


Buckets of ice melt.


Simon putting out ice melt.


Simon, Roberto, Abraham, Ryan, and Rosebel

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.