Monday, January 25, 2010

The Weekend


This weekend was all about eating with a spoon, turning over and hanging out on her belly, chewing anything she could grip and take to her mouth, looking around, and socializing.  Pastora has done an excellent job teaching Edie how to eat her pureed fruit from a spoon.  Pastora does all the hard, messy work and I reap the benefits on the weekends.  I hope that's how potty training goes too! This weekend Edie enjoyed several meals of pear sauce followed by a bottle.  She is also turning over to her belly the second you lay her on her back.  She likes to have a toy in front of her to grab once she is on her stomach.  She will pull the toy to her mouth and chew on it as best she can.  It's still difficult for her to grab an object and turn it so that it fits in her mouth properly.  I think she isn't completely aware yet how her hands work. 

We had the Willi and Jeremiah over for dinner on Saturday and Edie was all about hanging out with the group, socializing.  When we would all laugh she would laugh.  I think we might have a social butterfly on our hands.  She didn't want to go to bed.  I finally put her down around 7:00 so I could start cooking.  She seems to love going to new places too.  She looks around and takes it all in.  We went to the Angry Dog for lunch yesterday and she was mesmerized by all the televisions. 


Abby and the paperwhites.


Chris trying to see the score.







Milo helping clean up pear sauce.


Chris made show crab legs and Milo wants some.


Lots of motion.


At the Pearl Cup.








No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.