Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Miss Sleep

Edie now requires more than just milk if we plan on sleeping more than four consecutive hours at night.  We started her on rice cereal Thursday night.  Most of it ended up on her but by the end of the brief feeding she seemed to get the hang of it a little better.  That night she only got up once instead of four times like she  had the night before.  Last night I waited a little to long and she was sleeping and crying so the feeding didn't work at all.  An upset baby will not eat liquid off a spoon!!!  I know that now. 

In milk news, my supply has all but disappeared.  I'm not sure why.  I only have theories.  To try to increase my supply I have been pumping every 2-3 hours day and night.  One Wednesday I pumped every hour.  Despite all of this insane pumping my supply hasn't really increased.  I don't want to but I may quit pumping which means no more breast milk for a Frog.  I feel guilty and I don't want her to go without it but I can't continue on like this with only one ounce per pumping session being produced.  Plus we are going to Whistler, B.C. next weekend.  The trip will surely kill my supply unless I pump on the plane, in the rent car, and every couple of hours on the trip which would mean we would have to go back to the hotel room every couple of hours.  Ain't gonna happen.  The great irony is that now that I am stopping, Edie has finally decided she doesn't hate the boobs afterall and she will nurse from the breast.  The pump has enabled me to feed her breastmilk but boy I won't miss pumping. 

I left my camera cord at work so no pictures for this post.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.