Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Soup Love

Nancy gave me this wonderful cookbook a couple weeks ago.  I try to make a big pot of soup every Sunday.  I freeze the soup in serving size containers and eat one serving each afternoon when I get home from work.  It's a good way to stay on track when dieting.  This is a vegetarian cookbook.  I plan on using a lot of the veggies that I am attempting to grow in the community garden at work.  This weekend I will attempt a yam and Swiss chard soup.  I am growing swiss chard in the garden and I have used it ornamentally for years because it's pretty and really easy to grow but I have never tasted it.  I'm sure there will be a yam and Swiss chard soup post to follow.  Many of the recipes are vegan.  She also has a chapter with all sorts of vegetable broths.  I give it a thumbs up.  Thanks Nancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.