Sunday, January 10, 2010

How to Lose Weight




I feel I have a little authority on this topic because I can almost see my prepregnancy weight hovering in front of  me.  I am just several pounds away.  How do you lose weight?  Diet and exercise, that's how.  The old fashioned way.  If you are considering attempting to shed pounds let me recommend Weight Watchers Online.  I started their program the week I went back to work in late September.  It's very easy and you don't have to go weigh in at a WW store.  I lose 1 -1.5 lbs a week.  I gained over my Christmas holiday though.  I thought I was dieting before I signed up for WW.  I was not!  When you are dieting you don't eat much that's how it works.  On a work day I will eat 1 cup of oatmeal, black coffee, turkey and swiss sandwich on a good whole grain bread, 1 cup almonds, 1 cup yogurt, 1-2 cups homemade veggie/chicken soup, and gallons of water.  That's it.  Nothing more, especially before bed.  Try to limit cheese and dairy as much as possible.  This includes skim milk because it contains sugar.  Before I knew that I was drinking at least one venti skim latte a day.  Once I cut that out I started losing weight faster.  Don't eat any of your meals until you are very hungry.  That includes breakfast.  This means you may not eat breakfast until 9:00 or 10:00.  That's okay!  Of course do not drink sodas or eat desserts.  I would cut out white bread, tortillas, fried food, and all junk food.  Do not consume empty calories. Weight Watchers is great because you work off of a point system so if, by the end of week, you haven't eaten your week's points you can splurge a little. In my case its tortellini with pesto.  You also get credit points for working out.  I have found that it's only tough at the beginning because your body quickly adjusts and your stomach strinks.  Eventually I wasn't tempted at all by the candy or junk food that was available for the taking a work.  It actually seemed ludacris that other people would eat that stuff. If you do this and add any form of exercise I promise you, you will lose weight!  You could easily lose 20 lbs by shorts weather.  If you need it, go for it.  Oh, by the way, it's not expensive. 

1 comment:

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.