Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! Let's Celebrate with Some Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice


Before we left Lafayette, Chris' dad loaded us up with satsumas and lemons from trees in his yard.  I didn't get pictures of these trees but they were laden with fruit.  Could you image having your own fruit trees?  One morning while we were there, in the midst of making blueberry pancakes from scratch, Karen disappeared into the backyard and came back a few minutes later with an armload full of oranges.  She juiced them and we had fresh squeezed orange juice with our pancakes. 

I decided to squeeze myself a refreshing glass of satusma juice last night.  All these sats yielded two glasses.  It was totally worth it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.