Monday, January 25, 2010

Dill and Arugula Pesto


I have a community garden at work that I share with some student organizations.  The students don't seem to harvest much so I take home the bulk of what it produces.  The garden isn't a year old yet and I am stilling trying to figure out what I'm doing.  Vegetable gardening isn't easy.

I hope to document in my blog how I prepare the things I harvest.  This week's harvest included Arugula and dill.  I decided to make a pesto with the two.  I toasted the pecans a little and used more than the recipe called for.  Boy it is good and spicy.


Arugula and dill drying.

 
Newellton pecans, garlic, salt, dill and arugula.

 
Pesto spread on my sandwich.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.