Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting Ready for the Cold, I Mean Really Cold


I should have bought burlap several days ago.  Home Depot and almost everyone else was sold out.  I found some at Northaven Gardens along with some cool container covers.  Even though I cleaned them out, I wasn't able to get all the burlap I needed.  We ended up using drop cloth from the painters to cover the snapdragons.  I didn't get any of our agaves covered so we'll see what happens.  I will try to cover them tomorrow.  Ek, Joel, and Roberto spent all day watering all the new plants in the just completed Dedman Pedestrian Mall and the Theology School expansion.  I felt bad having them water for hours in cold, getting wet and what not.  Not bad enough that I offered to do it.  Whenever I have this dilemma I think that's what I spent 4 years in the living hell that was graduate school for, so I wouldn't have to be the one doing the shitty stuff like picking up dead animals, changing trash cans, or watering when it's 25 degrees outside.


Ek hooking the water tank to his cart.




Best friends.


Ek watering the new plants.


Pot covers.  Hope they protect the new prickly pear cactus in the pots.


Sunrise this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.