Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Edie at Five (a.m.)

Edie, like her mother, is a morning person.  She is ready to start her day at around 5:00 a.m. every morning.  According to our doctor she isn't supposed to eat from sundown to sunup.  No food between those hours!!  She goes down around 7:00 every night and sleeps straight through until 5:00 so by that time she's hungry.  I know I'm not supposed to feed her when she wakes up that early but it's hard to ignore the pleas.  She cries and cries and gets herself into these horrible positions in the crib.  This morning she woke up around 4:30.  I decided I wasn't going to give in and feed her.  So we let her cry for about 45 minutes.  Eventually she fell back asleep.  I tiptoed in her room to get a glance of her sleeping position.  She had her face crammed into the bumper pad and one of her arms was twisted backwards and under her in way that looked sure to cut off circulation.  I tried to flip her over gently so she would stay asleep.   But she woke up and said, "Look lady, I'm awake now.  You get your butt in that kitchen and make me a bottle."  I wasn't up for a fight so I decided to obey.  I fixed her a bottle and gave it to her.  She, as usual, refused to hold it.  Even when I let it fall repeatedly so she would have to use her own hands to tilt it back up so the milk could flow she refused to help.  I feel like I will be holding glasses of water to her mouth so she can drink when she is 25 years old.  Actually I don't mind feeding her before work.  I am glad to do it because I get to spend a little time with her before I leave.  Plus once Pastora gets there, if she hears a single peep from Edie, she will get her up anyway.  So Edie got her way.  I got her out of bed at 5:45.  She ate and started her day.  Actually if her current schedule of bedtime at 7:00 and wakeup at 5:00 continues that works for me because those are the same hours I prefer to keep.

Here is our happy morning Frog.




New things Edie is doing now:  When she is on her stomach she lifts the top half of her body up higher with her arms, probably getting one step closer to a craw.  She occasionally will put both hands on her bottle like she is considering holding it.  She is eating pureed veggies.  She loves the animals and tries to touch them.  She is much more into her surroundings and she can entertain herself for longer periods of time. She has two adorable bottom teeth coming in that don't seem to cause her much pain.

Things Edie is not doing now:  Picking up the dog poop in the backyard.  Having a healthy yet tasty dinner ready each afternoon when I get home from work.  Walking the dogs several times a day.  Vacuuming the house each day while I'm at work.  She doesn't even vacuum her own room.  Cleaning up around the litter box each day.  I have also asked her to build some raised beds in the backyard so we can grow some veggies but she told me to get a life.  As crazy as it may sound for me to ask Edie to do this, she is more likely to do it than Chris is.  Chris would tell me to "get a life" in a more grown up way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.